The Princess Built a Castle for the Prince

I built a castle for you, my dear - I spent my years on it, day after day after day. I listened to songs written by some lonely souls far across the ocean and thought of you. I wrote you a poem, and another poem, and another poem, and then tried prose but I learned quickly that all the words in the world weren't enough. I drew your face on a serviette, on the back of my hand, on a piece of paper, on the pages of my favorite book, on walls and on the whole world. I spent a thought on you and became addicted. I let your name roll over my tongue, again and again and again.

This is my castle for you. I built it all by myself and I will go down with this castle - let the earth beneath choke it all.

I built you a castle, my dear - but does it even matter if I never had the courage to show it to you?

I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO THINK. BUT AT LEAST I ALSO DON'T HAVE TIME TO MISS YOU ANYMORE.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

STARS | wordbound #3

January 2017 • WRAP-UP

Hope Is Playing This Cruel Game With Me | Black Out Poetry #1